Rufford Abbey Country Park
Welcome to Rufford Abbey Country Park, a magical place to visit all year round
Founded on the edge of Sherwood Forest 870 years ago, Rufford Abbey is today a romantic ruin, set in a beautiful park. Enjoy its nature, art, history, fresh air and fun. From swans and swallows to cheeky squirrels, there's wildlife galore, woodland to wander, sculpture to admire. Spread a picnic blanket, grab a snack in the Cafe or celebrate with afternoon tea in Lord Savile's Victorian kitchen. Our paths are pram and mobility scooter friendly, so whatever your age, it's easy to get around and explore.
- Open every day except Christmas Day
- Free admission to park & abbey ruins. £3 car parking charge*
- Car parks open 10am - 5.30pm
- Dogs welcome on a lead
- Three eateries. Craft Shop & Outdoor Living Shop
- Mobility scooter hire & free wheelchair loan
- Car park season ticket £30
Please note: Abbey Ruins closed from Monday 16 January for 8 weeks for essential repair work.
Click on one of the links below to find out more about our site or get in touch!