About Rufford Abbey
There's so much to love at Rufford Abbey Country Park!
Just a few miles east of famous Sherwood Forest, and one of Nottinghamshire's favourite attractions, there's so much to explore and enjoy:
- Gorgeous Greenery - 150 acres of tranquil woodland, meadow and gardens.
- Romantic Ruins - explore the haunted remains of a 12th century abbey.
- Outdoor Art - Discover quirky modern sculptures in the Formal Gardens.
- Hidden History - track down a watermill, a hidden Georgian Icehouse and a pet cemetery.
- Rufford Lake - graceful swans, cheeky ducks and leafy waterside walks.
- Family Fun - children's Play Village with tunnels, playhouses and sandpit.
- Wonderful wildlife - from grebes and goldfinches to acrobatic squirrels.
With three cozy eateries, shops to browse and events to enjoy, it's the ideal day out. Come visit us soon!
Rufford Abbey Country Park is managed by Parkwood Outdoors in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council. We are responsible for the management of the shops, cafes and the park's overall visitor offer while the site is owned by Nottinghamshire County Council, who also remain the green estate guardians.
Use our virtual tour to take a look around the "undercroft" of the ruined medieval abbey.
Click on one of the links below to find out more about our site or get in touch!