Coach House 

The Coach House Cafe building was the original Coach House forming part of the stables and outer courtyard complex, it was first built in 1725 to house the estate's horse drawn carts, coaches and carriages. It was enlarged between 1837 - 1840 to its present size, with the addition of a large two storey rear extension, and then the side tower was added to give access to the upper floors where originally feed and tack would of been stored.

Today the Coach House is a cafe open all year round providing visitors with a tempting range of quality snacks and light meals, made utilising a range of local produce.

We wish to support local food producers and we will be more than happy to share with customers details of the local producers we use and where your food has come from. The Coach House cafe also serves excellent whole bean coffee and a wide range of hot drinks. Customers can enjoy the history of the inside seating area or enjoy the seating in the large external courtyard area, which is covered for any inclement weather.

* Coach House Coffee Cart

Watch this space, arriving soon is the Coach House Cafe Coffee Cart, an historic Citroen H van. Converted to be able to offer a range of excellent whole bean coffee and a wide range of hot drinks, delicious morning pastries and hot snacks and cold drinks and ice cream.

Contact us today on: 01623 821338

Business Hours

  • Park Grounds:   Dawn to dusk
  • Visitor Information:   10.30am - 4.30pm
  • Gift Shop:   10:30am - 4:30pm
  • Coach House Cafe:   10.00am - 5pm (4.30pm winter)
  • Lord Savile's Kitchen:   Wed to Sun 12 Noon - 3.00pm


Managed By



About Us

Rufford Abbey Country Park is owned by Nottinghamshire County Council. Set in the heart of Robin Hood Country the park offers native woodland, a lake and gardens as well as a range of attractions, activities and catering options managed by Parkwood Outdoors.

Address

Rufford Abbey Country Park Ollerton Nottinghamshire NG22 9DF